Texas is currently vaccinating individuals who meet criteria for phases 1a and 1b. Phase 1a includes healthcare workers and long-term care workers and residents. Phase 1b includes the following patients:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Direct Care Physicians of Greater Houston Member Dr. Chinelo Okoye has created this helpful guide to finding local vaccine resources. Visit her page to learn more.
If you are a patient looking for a direct primary care physician or a direct care specialist, click here to learn more about our doctors and find a physician near you!